Sunday, March 10, 2013

Argo Willis

After a lovely day of sightseeing and souvenir shopping in Yogyajakarta, it was time to head back to Bandung.  Victor and I opted to try the train, while the rest of the team went back to Adisucipto International Airport.




I wasn't sure what to expect, especially after our 4-5 hour trip to Bogor turned into a 10 hour ordeal, but the train arrived right on time and it took 7 hours and 10 mins (exactly as advertised).  We splurged the extra few dollars for a $26 ticket in the Executive class, which meant the car had air-conditioning (a little too much at one point!)

The countryside was beautiful and very green. We watched people working in the rice fields, children playing in a stream, and even a horse riding in the bed of a truck!






Eventually, like most of our days in Indonesia, it began to rain.  We passed the time sharing our photos, playing cards, watching Mummy II and Mummy I (in that order), and Victor even helped me practice my Spanish!



It was a very enjoyable trip, but I'm happy to be back at home (Magnolia)!

No comments:

Post a Comment